Single Sign-On for better customer experience
Single Sign-On (SSO) grants users access with a single ID and password to several related yet independent applications.
TrustBuilder support for Single Sign-on
TrustBuilder ID Hub has customer experience front and center. Single Sign-on allows users ease of use and a frictionless experience when moving from one application to another. In addition, via the increasing availability of biometrics authentication in e.g. your mobile phone, SSO can enable passwordless authentication, thus boosting the customer experience even more.
Time to market
By allowing applications to use SSO, it becomes easier to add new applications without going through the hassle of setting up a separate user management or authentication mechanism.
Once a user is authenticated to an application inside an ecosystem of services, the user can move from one application to the other seamlessly and without having to reauthenticate. This is becoming more important as ecosystems are growing rapidly, not just the applications of the organization but also partner applications.
Advantages of SSO for IT and for end-users
While the main advantage of Single Sign-on is offering end-users a seamless experience, the IT department stands to benefit from SSO too.
User benefits of SSO
- Ease of use: end-users move from one application to another seamlessly and without interruptions.
- Higher productivity: users don’t lose time logging in to each and every application the company offers.
- Mobile access: using SSO makes it easier for mobile users to access applications
IT department benefits of SSO
- Fewer helpdesk calls: as the number of passwords decreases, there will be fewer calls for password resets.
- Better security: users have to manage fewer passwords and will not resort to bad practices such as sticky notes.
- Mobile support: SSO works over both web-based and mobile applications. When 2FA is integrated inside the companies’ mobile application, SSO can be achieved across multiple channels.
How TrustBuilder customers use SSO
Several of our customers are currently using SSO.
HR services market leader SD Worx allows its 4,000 employees to log on to the corporate applications using SSO. Employees from customers can access multiple applications from SD Worx through SSO, with the credentials from their employer through Federated Authentication.
Employees at insurance company Allianz Benelux are using SSO for all internal applications. To provide access to insurance brokers and end customers, the insurance company uses strong authentication methods like One-time Password, Itsme or eHerkenning. Employees of the larger brokers even have SSO through federated access, thus reusing their company’s authentication credentials.
A European bank
A large European bank is using SSO to make life easy on their 35,000 employees. Employees log on using their Active Directory account and then, through SSO, they get access to all other applications they have access privileges to.