TrustBuilder for Mobile is a simple but secure mobile authenticator that comes as a companion application to TrustBuilder Identity Hub (TrustBuilder IDHub) at no extra license cost. It can be used when two-factor authentication is required for access to applications, services and APIs that are protected by TrustBuilder IDHub.
TrustBuilder for Mobile implements on-device One-Time-Password (OTP) generation using the OATH specification. It supports both the HOTP and TOTP models. It is available on iOS, Android and Windows Mobile.
How does TrustBuilder for Mobile compares versus other similar applications?
Basically, it provides standard implementation of OATH, like many products on the market, but with these specific features:
- Application is PIN protected, which is mandatory for any security cautious organizations
- Application can be branded (see look and feel)
- Application is supported by SecurIT, under the TrustBuilder licensing umbrella.
In combination with TrustBuilder IDHub it allows to deliver a strong authentication service that not only meets the requirements of the service provider (application), but one that also provides an optimal user experience as it uses the powerful policy engine of TrustBuilder IDHub.
As it is a standard OATH implementation, it can also be used for two-factor authentication for commonly used sites like Dropbox, Facebook, Google and many others.
Look and Feel
TrustBuilder for Mobile can be branded to match the look & feel of the customer.
Not only can it use the logo of the customer, but also the preferred colours and fonts. Branding and publishing in the APP stores can be done through SecurIT Professional Services.
TrustBuilder for Mobile can be downloaded free of charge from the respective APP stores.
TrustBuilder for mobile doesn’t require Internet, Data or Mobile network coverage.
For easy enrolment via QR code a camera is needed. Manual key entry is however also possible.
TrustBuilder for Mobile is a secure app. It implements several security precautions that protect it against fraud, loss and theft:
- The app leverages the device’s secure storage for protecting the OATH related keys
- The app is protected by a 6-digit application PIN that needs to be re-entered each time the app comes back to the foreground
- The time-to-live for the OTP is limited to 30 seconds
- The OTP generation is using HMAC-SHA-512